Jan Allan Zarr
Biography and Background
• Highly focused small business owner with strong financial expertise.
• Over 20+ years managing multimillion dollar operations for Performing Art Centers across the U.S., including the Morrison Center.
• Recognized as an effective communicator and decision-maker with excellent leadership skills in the motivation of diverse working groups.
• Described as an enterprising and dynamic professional with a strong understanding of strengthen and enriching organizations from within.
• Ten+ years teaching at the Collegiate and High school levels.
• Being able to forge strong stakeholders and community relationships.
The critical element in serving on the Board of Trustees for CWI, should be an understanding of the nature of the community of which he or she is a part. Not only in tune with the preferences of their community however, by being one step ahead, leading them where they did not know they were prepared to go until they reached their destination.
As a Board trustee, one needs to understand service standards, inspire excellence by modeling superior service and create checks and balances to ensure quality control within the organization. Making sure we are servicing/educating our students will makes a difference to them in continuing their education and being successful after graduation.
A strong Board member is one who is proactive by design and not by default.
MFA: Texas Christian University – Ft. Worth Texas
BA: Colorado State University – Pueblo Colorado